Showbiz Entertainment Africa comes to Botswana
News April 24, 2019 obiedigital
Showbiz Entertainment Africa Botswana (SEAfricaBW) conference, an “event dedicated to the development and growth of the industry is coming to Botswana later this year”. Launched on the 24th April 2019 in Gaborone, #SEAfricaBW is a Botswana first meeting place that focuses on the development and growth of business in the industry. The event which will include “exhibitions and networking sessions is said to be the ultimate business meeting place for talent, managers, entrepreneurs, business and other role players in the entertainment industry” is a welcome development in a country where the Creative Industries have been very topical as a true alternative means to employment creation.
“Take time to nurture your craft/talent. It takes a lot of patience to get to where you ultimately want to be in the creative industry.” – @DJBoogiesid #SEAfricaBW #EverytalentIsABusiness pic.twitter.com/z0JaousfJy— #BotswanaUnplugged (@UnpluggedBW) April 24, 2019
HISTORY OF THE PLATFORM
SEAfrica was launched on 2014 in South Africa and was Introduced as part of the Joburg Arts Alive International Festival. The event takes place annually during the month of September and has grown from attracting less than 200 conference goers to over 500 in 2018. The project was born out of a need to contribute towards the development of the various industries by bridging the gap between creative expression and business practice
2018 Conference Topics at a Glance
- How Blockchain Technology is Changing The Industry
- Connecting Industry & Big Business (Learn about the ED Ticket Club for small business)
- Funding for Local Entertainment Projects (Sponsorship insights and trends) – brought to you by Joburg Theatre
- Nurturing Pan African Talent – Challenges and New Opportunities
- The Growth and Future of African Comedy (Local Content Opportunity Makers)
- South Africa’s Disruptive Music Business Models
- The Role Of Cultural Investment In Stimulating Economic Growth In South African Cities
- Deconstructing Africa’s Music Business (Features Black Coffee’s GongBox Presentation)
- Marketing and PR – Today!